A few weekends ago, my wife and I decided to go out and have brunch. We are usually none too early getting out on Saturday morning, so going to a restaurant that does brunch is usually our best bet. If one of us wants an omelet, but the other one wants a burger, we’re both covered! Fortunately, there are no shortages of brunch places where we live. We have a “go to” place downtown that never disappoints, but on this particular day, we thought we’d try something different.
As we researched places to go, here are a few of the brunch place options that popped up:
- Another Broken Egg Cafe
- Wild Eggs
I assume you see the pattern here.
If you want to open up a new brunch place, you have to have a name that has something to do with eggs. Now, I love eggs. Just about any kind of eggs; scrambled, over easy, over medium, hard boiled, sunny side up, etc.
I also love puns. I’m a dad in my mid 40’s. Puns are in my genetic make up.
So I figured if I ever want to start my own brunch place, I have quite a few options on what to name it, as long as I keep the egg and pun theme front and center.
- Denny Neggle’s – For fans of Denny Neagle, former Major Leauge pitcher.
- Buffalo, New Yolk – A place that serves wings and eggs.
- A Little Eggstra Sumpin’ Sumpin’ – A diner that serves Bloody Marys.
- Leading by Eggs Ample – Known for their 12 egg omelet.
- Great Eggspectations – I’m willing to bet that this place already exists.
- Hard Boiled and McCormick – An 80’s TV themed restaurant. Stephen J. Cannell was the man!
- Eggsacta-mundo! – Serving Fonzie’s favorite; Scrambled Ayyyygs.
Bill andTed’s Eggsellent Adventure – Originally a joint venture. However, Ted wound up being The Chosen One. So now, Bill S. Preston, Esquire mans the grill solo.
- Flying Poach – This place is a real dive. The seats at the tables are entirely too close to each other, and every table comes with a crying baby. Not a first class joint.
- Sunny Side Uptown Funk – Serving Bruno’s Bacon and Eggs.
- Eggstacy – Glow sticks and house music provided with every meal.
- The Eggstra Terrestrial – The Eggs Benedict are out of this world!
Now I’m hungry. Til next time!